About Grade 6 – Mrs Charlene Gliddon
Grade 6 at The Rock Academy is a super exciting year.
- We learn how to get creative with language and increase our vocabulary in English and Afrikaans.
- In Maths we learn new concepts, cement basic foundations and realise problem-solving is fun when we think outside the box.
- We explore the History of Africa and Europe, choose a leader who we admire, write a bibliography and marvel how medicine has changed through time.
- Geography takes us places as we investigate trade, climate, vegetation and population.
- Natural Science opens our minds to life and living processes, matter and materials, energy and change, earth and beyond.
- We visit Kirstenbosch Gardens, Living Hope and the Science Center. Camp teaches us new things about ourselves as we explore new surroundings.
- We collect toiletries for the less fortunate, roses for the elderly, and animal food for TEARS.
- Each day we start our day with a devotion and prayer.
Why I love teaching:
Teaching is awesome because I have been given the responsibility to touch lives. I take this responsibility very seriously. The memories made at school will go with the children their whole adult life.
My favourite subject:
My favourite subject is Mathematics. I love the way we can get to the same answer even though we may take a different route.
My wish for my students:
If only one thing is remembered by the children who have passed through my class, I would like them to remember what Nelson Mandela once said – It always seems impossible until it is done.
A favourite verse is Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
View one of the other Grades: