About Grade 4 – Mrs Muriro
Grade 4 is an exciting year!
- It is the first year of the Intermediate Phase, the first year of paper assignments and learning to study independently.
- We learn about our local history and take an outing to The Castle of Good Hope where we explore dungeons and huge dining rooms.
- We learn what it was like to go to school in the “olden days” writing on slate boards and wearing strange clothing like pinafores and caps.
- We learn about mammals and study the whales that frequent our shores. We discuss the differences between whales and sharks.
- We look at the water cycle, do experiments and plant vegetables in Natural Science.
- In Maths we measure, weigh and break items into fractions and play with numbers. We use these skills to experiment and make some yummy treats.
Why I love teaching:
I love teaching because I love working with children. It’s great to see the children’s faces light up when they understand a concept or when they finally master how to do something.
My favourite subject:
I love all of them!
My wish for my students:
If there is something that seems difficult the first time you try it – don’t give up! Keep trying – you will eventually succeed. Sometimes all you need to do is to keep trying and not give up.
Joshua 1:7 – Be strong and courageous.