About Grade 3 – Mrs Brittany Ganyaza
Grade 3 is a milestone year being the final year of the Foundation Phase. It is a very interesting and exciting year!
- In Bible lessons we learn all about the life of Jesus, finding our way around the New Testament. The children feel very grown up as they have their own Bibles and get to use them to look up verses.
- In the first term, we explore South Africa, learning where we are on the map. We also learn about our National Symbols and heritage. A trip to the Iziko Museum makes it all come alive.
- The second term is all about water. The children get to design and make a vehicle which moves on water and we test these out by having a race in the swimming pool. This is a very exciting project!
- In the third term, we learn about space, focusing on the planets in the Solar System. A visit to the Planetarium is a magical experience for the children.
- In the fourth term, we are ready for our greatest adventure. We learn about the mountains in the Western Cape and we hike up to Elephant’s Eye cave. This is an exciting outing and allows us to end the year on a very high note!
Why I love Teaching:
I believe teaching is my calling. God has placed an innate desire within me to be apart of loving, growing and developing children holistically. Teaching gives me purpose and I find great joy in being with children.
My favourite subject:
All the subjects we teach ,in the foundation phase, are so important and I thoroughly enjoy all of them Seeing children make a connection with what they learn and apply that, is so rewarding. We ,specifically, have so much fun during Afrikaans.
My wish for my students:
My wish for my students is that they know that they have immense value in spite of their achievements. My hope is that my students would build a rock solid character to carry them throughout their lives.
One of my favourite Bible verses is Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
View one of the other Grades: